Our history over time, focus on April
Posted on 29 April 2016
From ‘A Brief History of Brunelcare’ by Stephen Morris: in April 1942 ‘West Town House’ in Brislington, Bristol, was identified by the ‘Old People’s Welfare Committee’ as a suitable house to renovate; ready to house and look after pensioners who had no friends or families to care for them.
By 1st April 1958, we became known as ‘Bristol Old People’s Welfare Limited’, incorporated to ‘promote the welfare of elderly people of limited means in Bristol and the immediate neighbourhood’.
For more details about these historical events, please read: