Diabetes prevention service
In partnership with BNSSG NHS, we have launched the Diabetes Prevention Service for members of the Bristol community aged over 55 years who may be at risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
Join our next diabetes events
Open to all members of the community:
- Tuesday 29th Aug 2.30-3.30pm: Mobility conscious exercise class @ Waverley Gardens
- Wednesday 16th August 1:30-4pm: Diabetes session @ Maple Close – open to tenants, family & friends
- Thursday 31st August 2-4pm: Diabetes session @ Saffron Gardens – open to Brunelcare colleagues
What can we support with?
- Identifying and reducing your risk of developing type 2 diabetes
- Providing one-on-one support and planning pre-agreed outcomes for you to achieve
- Supporting you to do things for yourself and gain your own independence
- Referring you to specialist diabetes professionals where required
- Referring you to the Brunelcare Help When You Need It support service where required
- Equipping you with the knowledge to be able to continue living healthily when the support ends
Complete our referral form
Complete our online referral form or download the paper form.