Continuing the walk through our history, this time looking at the month of June over the years.
- On 20th June 1951 Mrs Lyne, Lady Mayoress, officially opened the first ever laundrette in elderly accommodation at Strathedon (pictured right).
- In June 1953 the Evening Post (now Bristol Post) sponsored ‘Tour of the Lights’ which carried 600 mostly housebound elderly around Bristol in volunteers’ cars – no mean feat in the days before mass car ownership!
- In June 1993 Brunelcare’s Robinson House, Saffron Court, and St John’s Court were opened. St John’s Court was our first sheltered housing scheme built with warden-call technology; Robinson House and Saffron Court introduced a new generation of nursing homes.
For more details see Our June History.
All four of Brunelcare’s care homes have been rated ‘gold standard’ for their end of life care
Brunelcare’s Robinson House care home is the first care home in Bristol to be rated by Dementia Care Matter’s Household Model of Care Butterfly Accreditation scheme as a ‘Butterfly Home’