At the South West region’s Great British Care Awards 2017, held in Bristol on Saturday 25th November, Brunelcare won the main award – the Great British Care Awards 2017 Care Employer Award South West!
Massive congratulations also go to Monika Szwolko, from our Saffron Gardens care home, who won the Ancillary Worker Award.
Just to get to this part of the process involved a rigorous selection process, so well done to all of our other finalists too:
- Carol Harewood, Robinson House (Good Nurse)
- Carole Minton, Robinson House (Cook/Chef)
- Francis Devilla, Deerhurst (Good Nurse)
- Holly Williamson, Orchard Grove Reablement Centre (Care Newcomer)
- Janet Smythe, Glastonbury (Activities Co-Ordinator)
- Joanna Crago, Glastonbury (Palliative/End of Life Care)
- Joy White, Robinson House (Registered Manager and Palliative/End of Life Care)
Kevin Fairman, Brunelcare’s CEO says:
“Jan Little and I were lucky to go up on stage to accept the award on behalf of Brunelcare, but we won the Care Employer Award because of the great quality of care that all our employees provide day-in, day-out in their roles.”
For more information about the award evening, see: Winners of the Great South West Care Awards 2017 Announced
Brunelcare has also been shortlisted for national awards at the Great British Care Awards National Finals, due to be held on 16th March 2018!
Pictured: Left – Kevin Fairman and Jan Little (Brunelcare’s Care Homes Director) accepting Care Employer award and, right – Monica Szwolko accepting Ancillary Worker Award.
All four of Brunelcare’s care homes have been rated ‘gold standard’ for their end of life care
Brunelcare’s Robinson House care home is the first care home in Bristol to be rated by Dementia Care Matter’s Household Model of Care Butterfly Accreditation scheme as a ‘Butterfly Home’