Winners of the Great British South West Care Awards 2018 have been announced – and they include two Brunelcare winners!
Friday 16th November saw over 400 of the very best in social care attend a glittering awards ceremony at Aston Gate Stadium in Bristol for the finals of the Great South West Care Awards, when category winners were announced.
The Great British South West Care Awards are part of the ‘Great British Care Awards’, a series of nine regional awards celebrating excellence across the care sector. The purpose of the awards is to promote best practice within both home care and care homes sectors, and pay tribute to those individuals who have demonstrated outstanding excellence within their field of work.
Brunelcare’s winners of the Great British South West Care Awards, together with the judge’s comments:
- The Care Assessor/Care Planner Award Winner: Erin Taylor – Care Assistant – Brunelcare
“Erin is a young lady with an exceptional attitude to care. Her knowledge and value base was outstanding. She should be very proud of what she has achieved.”
- The Unpaid Carers Award Winner: Clive Iles – Volunteer – Brunelcare
In the words of the person who nominated Clive (pictured above with Lesley Hobbs, Brunelcare’s Deerhurst Care Home Manager):
“Clive Iles’ connection with Deerhurst was born in the foundations of the building. His mother was one of the first people to live in the home and since 1997 he has been a volunteer part of a larger group of volunteers.
“Clive is a constant presence. His enthusiasm to offer support to anyone who comes into contact with him is plain to see. In this tight financial climate volunteers can make or break a care home.
“Clive is such a positive addition to the care home I have never met another volunteer anywhere near as devoted. Often your contribution is only judged by the hole you leave when gone. I can’t envisage Deerhurst without that smile and greeting from Clive.”
Big congratulations to Erin and Clive!
And to our other wonderful stars who were also finalists in this regional heat:
- Grace Kenway, Homemaker, Deerhurst care home, ‘Care Home Activity Organiser Award’
- Joy White, Manager, Robinson House Care home, ‘Care Home Registered Manager Award’
- Karolina Nowadczyk, Unit Care Leader, Deerhurst care home, ‘Dignity in Care Award’
- Tanya McGill, Care Assistant, Waverley Gardens extra care, ‘Care Newcomer Award’
- Faith Roberts, Learning & Development Facilitator, HR, ‘Care Trainer Award’
- Janice Clements, Health & Wellbeing Officer, Housing, ‘Care Innovator Award’
Our winners of the Great South West Care Awards now go through to the national final at Birmingham’s ICC on 8th March 2019!
News about the topping out celebration for Little Heath, Brunelcare's new 64-bed care home and 24-bed reablement service, located in Cadbury Heath
Red Bus Day Nursery children visit residents at Brunelcare's Woodland Court retirement village