We have been inspired by the nation’s creativity during lockdown. Many people have set challenges to keep themselves active and focused - and some have taken it further, by combining them with charity fundraisers. Now we’re asking people to get creative and help raise vital funds for Brunelcare!
Now more than ever, Brunelcare needs your support. Like many charities across the UK, we require extra funding during this unprecedented time to ensure we can cover the cost of emergency PPE and continue to provide outstanding levels of care across the Brunelcare community.
We’re really proud that our fantastic team is leading by example, with several Brunelcare employees and families of the charity planning fundraisers to support our charity through this time.
Last year, Zane Donaghy, eight, pledged to wear shorts everyday for an entire year! He wanted to raise money for Brunelcare and fund a seaside trip for his Grandad and his friends who all live at Brunelcare’s Deerhurst Care Home. Zane successfully completed the challenge managing to raise a massive £2,800!
Zane Donaghy said: “I just wanted to do something nice and send my Grandad and his friends from Brunelcare to the seaside. I like wearing shorts but not when it’s freezing cold outside. I have worn shorts in the wind, the rain and even in the snow - I had to do it to give my Grandad the trip of a lifetime!”
Oona Goldsworthy, CEO says: “Fundraising for Brunelcare is always something we have offered, but not something that we have often shouted about. With the challenges now facing us as a social care charity, we think that now is the perfect time to do so. I'm sure there are lots of ideas out there and no matter how wacky, we'd love to hear about them. If we spread the word, others, even me, might join in too.”
How to fundraise for us
From cake baking to cycling, acts of kindness to virtual workouts, there’s so much you can do to make a difference. If you would like to get involved, simply follow these steps:
- Download our helpful fundraising guide for fundraising tips and inspiration: Brunelcare Fundraising guide
- Visit: justgiving.com/brunelcare
- Click ‘Fundraise for us’ to set up your JustGiving fundraising page.
How the funds will be spent
Here are some examples of how the money you raise will benefit the Brunelcare community:
- To pay towards the cost of additional or emergency PPE during the Coronavirus pandemic.
- To support activities in our services, such as arts and crafts, musical reminisce sessions and entertainments.
- To purchase equipment to support gentle exercise classes to help residents in our care homes stay active.
- To support people when they need our help most. This could include a contribution towards the cost of someone’s care, or covering the cost of some shopping or essentials at a time of crisis.
- To provide specialist equipment, such as aids to support recovery and rehabilitation in our Reablement services.
- Our surroundings can have a significant impact on how we feel, so money could be spent on improving the environments of our homes and schemes. This could include decorating interiors, or developing more accessible garden spaces for people to enjoy outside.
- To contribute towards specialist employee training and wellbeing initiatives. This could include funding intensive training courses or qualifications for specific individuals, or charity-wide initiatives to support our colleagues' mental health.
To read about previous fundraisers for Brunelcare, click here.
Teresa Chinn MBE reflects on a recent study day led by our Dementia Care Lead Stuart Wright.
Reading time: 3 minutes
Ota Havlik, reablement worker at Orchard Grove, has unveiled an incredible portrait photoshoot of the Orchard Grove team.
Reading time: 2 minutes
This Volunteers' Week, we had a chat with Gaynor to find out more about why she decided to volunteer at Brunelcare in this challenging time.
Reading time: 3 minutes