Sheltered independent living
The homes we call ‘sheltered independent living’ are for people over 55 years in age, people referred to Brunelcare by Bristol City Council’s HomeChoice team.
These are homes that have been specially designed for people to maintain or regain their independence, but give peace of mind from knowing support is available if needed. These comfy homes are situated in 23 purpose-built schemes across Bristol. The schemes are looked after by Brunelcare’s housing officers and their site team providing support with day to day living, if required.
We also provide a property maintenance service for all the homes, taking a weight off your mind.
Nearly every flat within our schemes is equipped with a call service, where emergency out of hours assistance will be prompted.
If you do need support at some point, this is provided to each scheme through our housing teams.
How do I apply?
In the first instance contact Bristol City Council’s HomeChoice team online. Brunelcare’s available properties are advertised on Bristol City Council’s HomeChoice Bristol website.
We have provided some additional help and guidance on this page and you can also call Brunelcare’s Housing Team for information:
T: 0117 914 4257
What we offer
- Support is provided according to your individual needs. We will meet with you to assess how we can help, tailoring our support to meet an agreed plan.
- We ensure that our schemes are well maintained and inviting places to live
- Call system – most of our homes are equipped with a 24/7 pull cord call service, should you need emergency help and assistance
- You will be notified regularly about the services available to you
- Health & Wellbeing – we are here to help you review your finances and welfare support. This includes helping you deal with outside agencies should queries arise.
- We encourage links within your local community and will provide information about tenant activities taking place throughout the year
For features, facilities and specific activities available please check individual locations.
Help and Guidance
We know that finding out about the care and housing services you need can be daunting.
Our guidance notes are designed to help answer your questions and provide you with relevant information.
I pay for my rent myself - how do I apply for your housing?
In the first instance contact Bristol City Council’s HomeChoice team whose details are published on www.homechoicebristol.co.uk
As a housing tenant is it possible to swap my home?
Yes, Brunelcare is signed up to a scheme called HomeSwapper for our tenants. For full details please read our guide 'HomeSwapper scheme'.
Are there tenant activities I can join in with?
Yes! We have a few tenant activities that take place regularly each year, such Brunelcare in Bloom. We advertise this type of event on notice boards at our housing schemes.
From fixing a leaking pipe to helping with a rent query, our housing and property team is on hand to support our tenants, ensuring that help is available whenever needed.