HomeSwapper scheme

Written by Brunelcare
Home / Help & Guidance / Our housing /
HomeSwapper scheme

Don’t feel you have the right home… swapping is possible

Have you been wondering if it is possible to swap your sheltered or social home? The answer is yes, there is a way. 

Brunelcare is partnered with HomeSwapper, to help you move. 

Swapping your social home is easy, with just six simple steps from online sign up to swap!

What is HomeSwapper?

It is an online scheme that offers tenants of social homes, sometimes called sheltered housing, the opportunity to quite literally swap your home with another tenant in the UK who is signed up to this mutual home exchange scheme. This service helps make it possible for tenants to live in the right home regardless of their situation.

What does the scheme offer?

Once you have registered online for the scheme, you can browse the HomeSwapper website to pick from 200,000 homes on the tip of Scotland to the Isle of Wight, from Northern Ireland to the North East.

How does the scheme work?

There are six steps tenants need to follow on, from online sign up to swap.

These are the steps:

  1. Join HomeSwapper

Create a profile for your current home, to register your interest and explain the type of home you are looking for

  1. Browse for a home

Check out the thousands of homes from across the UK to find your perfect match

  1. Chat

Talk to other swappers before you commit, using our in-built instant messenger

  1. View each others homes

Arrange to have a look around each other’s homes

  1. Agree

Once both swappers have agreed, it’s just a quick message to your landlord and and if everyone is happy you go ahead with the swap

  1. Swap

Move into your new home.

For further details please see

Related Help and Guidance

Choosing the right housing option

Our guide helps you to understand the differences and choose the appropriate option for you or your loved one.

How do I apply for Extra Care Housing?

How to apply to live in Extra Care Housing in Bristol

Service Standards – for Housing

Brunelcare Service Standards that cover Sheltered, Extra Care and Independent Living properties

All help & guidance