Little Heath Reablement and Support is a 24-bed reablement and support service in Cadbury Heath, South Gloucestershire.
Regain your independence after a hospital stay
Our reablement service is designed to help you get back on your feet after a hospital discharge. Whether it’s in your own home or one of our specialist reablement centres, our personalised support will help you re-learn vital skills to regain your confidence.
We take referrals directly from hospitals and community hospitals that provide us with the information we need, so your care will be tailored to suit your exact needs.
About our reablement service
- Our person-centred approach to care helps restore your confidence and independence
- Our reablement team is well-trained and supported, providing the highest quality care
- We can support you with personal care, such as washing and bathing
- In our reablement centres, you will be supported to achieve your goals by a multidisciplinary team that includes occupational therapists and physiotherapists
Find a reablement service
Commonly asked questions
- What is reablement care?
Reablement care provides support to regain your confidence after a fall or hospital stay.
Upon discharge from hospital, a tailored care plan will be implemented to best suit your needs. Your care may include multidisciplinary support from a team of carers, nurses, physical therapists or occupational therapists, for example, to help you practice doing things on your own until you’re ready to be independent.
Brunelcare offers a number of reablement services:
- We have two dedicated reablement centres for people who are leaving hospital but are not able to return home, referred to us through the hospital discharge teams only.
- In South Gloucestershire we provide a reablement service for you at home.
- Our Somerset home care teams provide a similar service called ‘D2A’ (Discharge to Assess), again taking referrals directly from local hospitals.
- How can reablement help me?
At Brunelcare, we ensure all our guests feel confident and ready to return home after staying with us. We’ll help re-establish everyday routines, ensure guests are confident with their own personal care, alongside activities of daily living.
We appreciate how much people love being at home, so we’ll do our best to make your stay as short as possible, all the while ensuring we are as confident as you are to return home, and continue with your normal routine.
- Support you to continue with the reablement goals set on discharge
- Follow a person-centred approach to care; restoring confidence and self-motivation
- Create care plans to meet the individual needs of every guest
- Provide a dedicated and multidisciplinary team of Reablement Workers, Nurses, Physiotherapists, Carers and Occupational Therapists to support and empower you to achieve your goals