Deerhurst care home
|Telephone||0117 904 1170|
Deerhurst Care Home, 10 Deerhurst, Soundwell, Bristol BS15 1XH, UK
You can get in touch using the contact form below.
Deerhurst at a glance
When you move into Deerhurst, you are welcomed as part of the family.
We work hard to get to know everything about you so that we can provide you with care and support that maintains dignity and choice, along with making the most of your life – every day.
Deerhurst is also a Level 1 Dementia Care Matters Butterfly Service® home. This means we are achieving the highest of a recognised national standard in dementia care, providing good quality of life through our person and relationship-focused dementia care. ‘Butterfly Homes’ ensure that people have a good daily quality of life which, when added to a stimulating environment, gives people a sense of purpose.
About the home
- Our 66 bed home is split into three ‘houses’, all providing colourful, themed and stimulating areas - including a beach in the garden
- 24/7 nursing-care lifestyle for older people with specific nursing needs, particularly for those living with a dementia
- We have been awarded commended status by the Gold Standards Framework for Care Homes, for our high quality End of Life Care
- Each room has ensuite facilities, a TV and Nurse Call System
- Mobility aids installed such as bathing facilities and hoists, with lift access through the home
- Nutritious, carefully tailored meals provided
- Laundry on site and ironing service available
- Parking available for visitors and ramp / level access to building
Person-centred care for you
We pride ourselves on providing person-centred care, suited to your individual needs. When you join our home, we’ll get to know your history and personality so that we can create a tailored plan to help us provide the right support whilst maintaining dignity and choice.
Activities to suit your interests
Our Activity Coordinators organise regular, stimulating group or individual activities, including day trips within the local area. Whatever your interests, we’ll help you find activities that you enjoy, to help you make the most of life.
Life at Deerhurst
Meet the manager: Lesley Hobbs
I am proud to be part of such an outstanding team at Deerhurst. We take pride in providing the highest levels of nursing and dementia care, recognised for this by being awarded a rare Level 1 Butterfly Home award. I feel that it emphasises one very important thing about our care – that we can offer a great family life for everyone connected to us.
We’re rated Outstanding overall
Deerhurst has been rated by the Care Quality Commission as Outstanding for our effective, caring, responsive, and well-led approach.