Here is our suggested step-by-step guide we recommend you follow to apply to live in an Extra Care property within Bristol.
- You need to contact Care Direct for an initial assessment. Telephone 0117 922 2700
- If you are likely to meet the eligibility criteria, a social worker will carry out a full assessment – checking your needs against the following criteria.
- Extra Care nominations: Applicants should be aged 65 or over, or over 55 if registered disabled. You should also be a Bristol resident and in receipt of at least 5 hours of care / support each week.
- If you are successful at this stage you will be put on the Extra Care waiting list with the priority reflecting your circumstances.
- When you have sufficient priority and there are vacancies your social worker (or Centre Manager) will contact you.
- You will be offered the opportunity to view the property – once you have been nominated.
- If you feel that Extra Care is not appropriate at this point – you can continue to receive care at your current address and can usually be considered again for Extra Care at a later date.
- The Centre Manager will visit you to assess your needs and agree a care/support plan t With your Tenancy Offer you will be advised of costs (e.g. rent, service charge) and any care / support charges.
- Brunelcare will help you to give notice (if applicable) and agree a move-in date.
Related Help and Guidance
Our guide helps you to understand the differences and choose the appropriate option for you or your loved one.